CT Lung Screening
CT lung screening is now recommended for people age 50 or over, who currently smoke or have smoked for at least 20 years in the past, and who also possess an additional risk factor.
These risk factors include:
• Tobacco smoking or regular exposure to secondhand smoke
• Contact with radon
• Contact with asbestos or other cancer-causing agents
• Personal history of certain other cancers
• Family history of lung cancer
• Having had other lung diseases
For current and former smokers, or those who have risk factors for lung cancer (such as exposure to secondhand smoke or asbestos), CT lung screening is an excellent test to detect disease at an earlier and potentially more treatable stage. The test is fast, easy and completely non-invasive.